Hello friends, I am back with my solutions to unsolved issues. This time I will help you in installing Emmet in Sublime Text 3.
Emmet is the best plugin ever made to increase your speed in writing codes and increase your efficiency. It is a plugin for many popular text editors which greatly improves HTML & CSS workflow.
I was using Emmet in sublime text 2. But as Sublime Text 3 beta released, I updated by Sublime to the latest version and found that Emmet was not working in Sublime Text 3. So I started my search but unfortunately I was unable to find a working solution. There were many sites and tuts but they were not guiding properly. So finally I found the solution by myself. I know this is the same as Sublime Text 2′s way but it does not matter.
Lets get Started…
- Sublime Text 3
- And a good sense of following steps… :p
Installing Package control
- Open Sublime Text 3.
- Open console by pressing CTRL + ` or going to View > Show Console.
- Paste the following code and press Enter.
- Wait for a minute and restart your Sublime Text.
Installing Emmet (Main Part)
- After you have successfully installed Package Control, open Command Palette by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + P or going to Tools > Command Palette…
- Type install and click on Package Control: Install Package.
- After loading type Emmet in the search bar and click on Emmet.
- Wait for it to install (and yes this is also a step). Leave your system for 2-3 minutes as it will install some required repositories also like PyV8. Keep an eye on the Status bar (the light grey bar in the bottom of your editor which shows the Line and the Column number).
- After your status bar is clean and has nothing except the Line and Column number restart you Sublime.
and Look out..!!! Emmet is installed in your Sublime.
Enjoy and keep coding. And if there is any problem with the steps please comment below.